Bali is just south of the equator and has a yr round tropical local weather with only 2 seasons – wet (Oct – March, high humidity) and dry (April – Sept). I’ve visited in each seasons, and located each are unpredictable, nonetheless, the temperature is often fixed at round 28 – 30. Even when it does bucket down with rain, you are by no means cold! The mountain areas are all the time just a little cooler, notably at night, so if you are staying in that region it is a good idea to pack a warm jumper.
What to pack…
– As little as attainable!
– Smart-casual and comfortable is the norm, but remember to pack consolationable walking/hiking shoes.
– Sunscreen, insect repellant, hats and a folding umbrella for those sudden showers.
– A long skirt for the ladies and pair of long trousers is a should, notably if visiting temples the place this etiquette is a requirement. (As a substitute sarongs could also be hired or bought at level of entry very cheaply).
– In the event you wear glasses, it is a good idea to pack your spares in your suitcase.
– A face washer or hand towel for lengthy trips – in the event you undergo humidity stress, a good refresher is to freeze a bottle of water and take the frozen bottle & face washer in a plastic bag in your trip for fast ‘cool downs’.
– Anything you might have forgotten can be purchased very cheaply in Bali!
– Journey insurance is a should – for those who do not already have it – seek the advice of your travel agent or journey insurance coverage can be bought on line.
– Make 2 photocopies of your passport, credit cards, journey insurance coverage and I.D. data – depart one copy at dwelling (with a relative or buddy) and take the opposite copy with you (in your suitcase) keeping it separate from the unique documents.
– Take some spare money (for medical emergencies or otherwise).
– Most hotels & accommodation have safes – both at reception or in-room – use them to your own safety & peace of mind.
– Using your credit card to make purchases in spa bali is a secure and broadly accepted follow, however, always take care as you’d wherever e.g. do not let your card out of your sight on the level of transaction.
– Bali has its share of petty crime the same as any country – take care along with your handbag or valuables at all times. (Drive past ‘snatches’ have gotten more prevalent).
– Only change money at your hotel, resort or reputable trying places the place you trust the changer (and the calculator used) – ordinary apply is to depend your money back before you and a receipt is given.
– A good tip is to take a ‘cheat sheet’ forex converter with you – it can solely be a tough information (as currency trade rates change day by day in Bali) however it will probably save the frustration of haggling over something which could only be a couple of dollars difference. You can also make up your individual ‘guide’ from any of several on-line exchange currency internetsites.